Popular social media articles: https://charlierobinson.wordpress.com/popular-social-media-articles/
Twitter for sharing news from your Personal Profile:
- Don’t follow every follower that you receive. Look for more higher quality connections.
- Don’t overuse #hashtags. Unless it’s for #fun.
- Have your @handle name similar to your own name so it isn’t too hard for others to find.
- Make sure all the elements of your profile are complete and add your blog or website if you have one.
- Retweet by quoting and adding a comment. Add your opinion in order to create conversation.
- Showcase a tweet by pinning it to the top of your profile. New followers may read this if you are lucky.
- Use a simple Bio that explains you. Don’t worry about being fancy, humorous or controversial – unless of course that’s perfectly you.
Twitter for sharing news from your Business Profile:
- Complete your bio using your company statement.
- Have a graphic designer create a smart and interesting Twitter banner display to match your logo.
- Make sure all the elements of your profile are complete and add your website.
- Retweet sponsors and partners with appropriate messages.
- Search and find similar profiles. Follow them.
- Tweet daily and when promoting, tweet the same thing several times per 24 hours to reach a more global/broad audience.
- Use consistent hashtags.